If you are planning to do the exterior of your home, select a material that will give your house a timeless appeal. One of the best materials to provide the exterior of your home with a timeless appeal would be a combination of brick and stone. When you hire a masonry Contractor near Centreville, VA, to install a brick and stone façade on the exterior walls of your home, the first thing you will notice is that the entire appearance of your property will change. It will have an elegant and even a Victorian appeal. When you think of brick and stone houses, the first thing that will cross your mind is longevity and the attraction you associate with England’s castles or the chateaus in France! You can now emulate such timeless appeal in your home simply by installing a brick and stone façade for your house. Some of the reasons why a brick and stone exterior must be your go-to choice for the exterior of your home are discussed below.
Table of Contents
Advantages of brick and stone facades
Other than the timeless appeal of brick and stone facades, you will find that these exteriors offer properties numerous advantages. According to experts, once the installation is completed, you will find that you do not have to spend a significant amount of money to maintain your home’s exterior. When you think about it, the surface of your house is exposed to natural elements such as heat, wind, rain, hail, and other corrosive factors. Hence, investing in a facade that can withstand damage caused by exposure to natural elements and requires minimum maintenance is essential.
According to experts associated with Masonry Contractor near Fairfax, VA, brick and stone façade is one of the few materials that offer this feature. You can be assured that it will not only make the exterior of your home look beautiful, but you do not have to worry about reinstalling it soon or spending a lot on its maintenance. Some of the other advantages of a brick and stone exterior are as follows –
- Environment-friendly – To build your home using eco-friendly materials, you must opt for a brick and stone exterior. Among the several construction materials available in the market, stone and brick are the most eco-friendly. The primary reason is that these are made entirely from decomposable materials, making them eco-friendly throughout their lifecycle. In other words, even in a scenario where you dispose of the façade of your home, you can be assured that the brick and stone you have used for the exterior of your home will not cause environmental pollution. If you ask experts, they will tell you brick is made from natural materials such as clay and shale, which does not cause any pollution, even when used for construction or as a waste product. Similarly, stone, often made using limestone and concrete, does not cause environmental pollution. Limestone is one of the predominant minerals found on earth. Thus, brick and stone are the most eco-friendly construction materials throughout their lifecycle.
- Brick and stone exteriors are known for their longevity – When you hire a Masonry Contractor near Vienna, VA, to install a brick and stone exterior for your house, they will tell you that it is an excellent choice primarily because of the longevity of the materials. Brick and stone facades are impervious to damage caused by natural elements. You will find that there are no changes to the façade of your home even if the temperature outside is below freezing point. Moreover, insects or animals cannot easily damage a brick and stone façade. If you have a pet in your home, you can be assured that its sharp claws will not damage a brick and stone façade. Finally, a brick and stone façade is fire resistant, which adds to the property’s longevity. When you add a façade to a property, you want to add value to your home. A brick and stone façade will do so because you can now show that you have invested in the property to make it fire-resistant and improve the longevity of the walls of your home.
- Offers insulation to your house – If you are looking for a façade that can successfully insulate your home and reduce the energy bill over time, you should consider installing a brick and stone façade on the exterior walls of your house. According to experts associated with Masonry Contractor near Chantilly, VA, homeowners who have installed brick and stone facades on the exterior walls mention that it helps to keep the heat trapped inside the house during winter and in summer months, it prevents the heat from outside from entering the house through the walls. The primary reason is that brick and stone are bad conductors of heat. So, in summer, when you switch on the air conditioners, you will find that the cool air remains trapped inside the house, and the heat from outside is not conducted into your home through the walls. Similarly, during winter, the heat generated in your home remains trapped inside and does not get conducted outside through the walls. The HVAC system is not overworked; you will see a change in your energy bill over time. You will find that the stone and brick façade can work as an effective insulator.
Most homeowners prefer to install a brick and stone façade on the exterior walls of their homes because it looks attractive. It elevates the appearance of their home and gives it an opulent appeal. But other than the elegant and opulent appeal, you will find that by installing the brick and stone façade, you can increase the value of your property, add an extra feature to it, and improve the durability of your house. You will find that in the long run, the brick and stone façade on the exterior of your house offers long-term savings and can make it easier for you to sell your home in the future if you have any such plan.
Durability of masonry constructions
Once you have decided to install a brick and stone façade, the next thing that you must plan to do is hire a Masonry Contractor near Arlington, VA, to establish the façade. It is better to have experts design the exterior façade and then provide the custom design. There are several reasons for hiring masonry services to build a brick and stone façade, and the primary among them is the durability of their work. The requirements of every home are unique. For instance, if you live where the temperature often goes below freezing, you need a brick and stone façade resistant to sudden temperature changes.
You will find that residents of Virginia often mention that they receive significant snowfall during winter, which makes it necessary to install brick and stone façades customized to withstand temperature changes, strong winds, and storms. Here, you need strong masonry constructions that are tested for durability and structural integrity.
Another feature that can be attributed to durability is safety. When you install a façade on the exterior wall of your home, you must ensure that it is strong and resistant to different types of damage. It is taken for granted that stone and brick facades resist fire. However, when you opt for masonry constructions, you can be assured that the façade materials will be tested individually for fire resistance, and the improvements will make these more durable.
Masonry service means providing a façade that meets the customer’s requirements and ensuring the product does not degrade over time. Hence, you will find that the material will be tested not just for durability but also for safety, and only when the experts are assured that it is resistant to fire damage and mold and mildew growth will the products be used as suitable materials for the façade for the exterior walls of your home.
Can a brick and stone facade protect your home from mold and mildew?
Brick and stone are durable and resistant to most kinds of damage. You will find that brick and stone are not damaged by moisture, so there will not be any growth of mold and mildew in your home. However, it would be a long shot to expect that installing a brick and stone façade can protect your home from mold and mildew. When you install such a façade, you can protect your home from the following –
- Brick and stone facades do not allow the growth of mold and mildew; hence, if you are looking for an allergen-proof material for your home’s exterior, this is the best option.
- Brick and stone facades are relatively impervious; hence, such an exterior will not allow moisture seepage. This will also prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
Thus, even for your home and the protection of the walls, you can install a brick and stone façade on the exterior.
What are the features of a brick and stone facade that make it appealing for home exteriors?
When you opt for brick and stone facades for home exteriors, you will find certain features of the materials that make these so appealing. According to Masonry Contractor near Alexandria, VA, other than the primary advantages of the facades, many homeowners prefer it because they can customize it as they desire. When you approach a masonry service to design the façade of your home, you will find that you can create the façade of your home.
When it comes to stone and brick, Masonry materials are versatile. You can choose different styles to create a unique design for your home. Combining dark and light grays gives it a classic yet contemporary appeal. Similarly, you can combine the original brick and natural stone to provide it with a rustic charm. When you go for a timeless appeal for your home, you can improve your property’s aesthetics by selecting unique designs, colors, and shades of façade. You will find that by customizing the design and color, you can change the look and feel of your property completely. Thus, easy customization and versatility are the two unique features that make brick and stone facades even more appealing for homeowners.
What factors must you remember while installing a brick and stone facade?
Once you have decided on installing a brick and stone façade for the exterior of your home, the final step is the installation of it. You must hire a Masonry Contractor near McLean, VA, to install the brick and stone façade because each house requires different requirements. When you hire experts, they will first come and evaluate the exterior of your home and understand the changes you want to make. Taking precise measurements is an essential feature of the entire process.
As a homeowner, you can only estimate the changes you must make to the exterior of your home. However, with precise measurements, you can budget and understand the expenses you can expect to install a brick and stone exterior. Hence, first, you should hire experts to understand the budget you should fix and the time it will take to complete the project. This is also something that only experts can help you evaluate because it depends on the size of the house and the type of masonry that you select. When you clearly understand all these factors, you can start the project. Thus, it is essential first to hire experts to understand the expenses and the time involved in installing a brick and stone exterior for your home.
Masonry Contractor near Alexandria, VA
Understandably, selecting the best brick and stone exterior for your home can prove to be quite challenging. We at Newkirk Services INC will make it easier for you. We are the best Masonry Contractor near Falls Church, VA. When you visit our website, you will find that our company offers exclusive masonry services designed to meet clients’ requirements. We understand that not one size fits all so we will customize it per your requirements. We are also the most affordable Masonry Contractor in Northern Virginia, and you must get a free estimate.